at Cockermouth School


Key Stage 4

This course is run at Key Stage 4 for students who want to develop artistic and design skills using a variety of art materials, processes and media and relate this to the world outside of education.

There are FOUR units of work to be done, one on an introduction to specialist pathways in Art and Design, another on a Creative Project, a third on Communicating ideas in 2D and the final Unit is on Communicating ideas in 3D.

25% of the course is externally assessed and will be conducted in Year 11, the rest of the assessment (75%) is done internally and is done throughout the course.

Skills needed: creative, visual, hands on approach to work, interested in Art, Design, Fashion, Photography and Ceramics, hardworking and well organised.