Senior Leadership Team
Dr Rob Petrie BSc [Hons] PhD : Headteacher
- Strategic development, direction, planning and vision.
- Development of future opportunities (e.g. MAT, TSA, School expansion, Site plan…).
- Raising the profile of Cockermouth School locally, nationally and internationally.
- Accountability to Governors and Trust Boards.
- Development of external partnerships – local and national business links, local and national educational links.
- Development of funding opportunities through links: CIF bids, SSIF bids, sponsorship opportunities, careers opportunities.
Mr R King BSc [Hons]: Head of School
- Day to day operational running of the school.
- Coordination of Ofsted preparation.
- Coordination, development and implementation of School Improvement Plan within the framework of the 3-5 year plan.
- Oversight of recruitment plan and staffing structure.
- Chair of Strategic SLT meetings and termly off-sites.
- Implementation of strategic plan in line with agreed shared vision of the school.
Dr Michelle Henley MA (Cantab) MEd PhD : Deputy Headteacher
- Improving the quality and consistency of teaching and learning.
- Oversight of Teaching & Learning development plans.
- Improve and develop understanding of what good learning looks like.
- Develop methodologies for assessing effective teaching and learning.
- INSET/CPD programmes for teaching staff / control of CPD budget.
- Middle leadership team development.
- Strategic plan for quality of homework/marking/ feedback/cover work.
Mr Hugh Carter BA PGCE : Assistant Headteacher
- Raising standards of attainment & progress for all, including Post-16.
- Cohort analysis and intervention to narrow all gaps.
- Internal/External data analysis of cohorts and reporting to Governors.
- Attainment and progress of disadvantaged students/other cohorts.
- Pupil Premium/Catch-up premium strategy, plans and reporting.
- Strategy for raising boys’ attainment/achievement.
- Coordination of Careers strategy throughout school.
| || |
Mr Steve Milledge BA [Hons] MA : Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Designated CLA Lead
- Safeguarding training
- Strategic plan
- Representative at Inclusion Panel
- Co-ordination of Early Helps
- Healthcare and Medical Needs Plans
All staff may be contacted by calling school Reception on 01900 898888 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full staff list click here
Our Head of Learning Support Department / Strategically Resourced Provision for Autism and SENco, Mrs Sarah Johnson, can be contacted by email email@example.com or telephone 01900 898888